Explain the steps in making a decision tree.
By Poornima, 7 months ago
Explain Decision tree implementation steps in details.
- Take the entire data set as input.
- Look for a split that maximizes the separation of the classes. A split is any test that divides the data into two sets.
- Apply the split to the input data (divide step).
- Re-apply steps 1 to 2 to the divided data.
- Stop when you meet some stopping criteria.
- This step is called pruning. Clean up the tree if you went too far doing splits.